Self Guided Bear Hunts
If you are looking for a way to save some money, or maybe you've had a guide along on Maine bear hunting trips before and are looking for a new challenge; our self guided bear hunts may be what you are looking for.
Bear Hunting in Maine
Northern Hideaway Outfitters will provide you with one of our cabins and 2 fresh sites per hunter, which have been baited for 30 days before your hunt. On the day you arrive, we will take you out and show you each site you will be using for the week. We will provide you the bait for that week as well as solid hunting advice. You will be responsible for transporting yourself to the bait sites, baiting the sites, game recovery, and game care. We will aid in tracking or skinning at an additional charge.
There is a minimum of 4 hunters per party for this hunt.
Coyote hunting and fishing are no additional charge.
Self Guided Bear Hunting Rates:
- Unguided "do-it-yourself" Bear Hunt - $1350
- Tracking help with dog unguided hunt - $100
- Skinning and meat care Unguided - $50
- Non-hunter (space permitting) - $400
- North Maine Woods gate fee - $40 NR
- Maine meals and lodging tax - $27
- Big Game License - $115 NR
- Bear permit -$75 NR
- 7 Day Fishing License - $40 NR
- Gratuities for guides and cooks not included
- Deposits are non-refundable